25 April 2011

For Sale: Some Brand-spanking new and some Pre-owned and much loved!

I'm a bike nut.
3,000 unique visitors to this blog later, I'm still a bike nut.
If you're reading this, chances are, you're either a bike nut, or want to be a little nutty on a bike.

I go through frames like most people drive through at McDonalds, but I don't just sell them off afterwards. I care for my frames and parts, I hardly ever crash (and when I do, I'll tell you or someone else will), and at any given point in time I have three bikes rotating, so rest assured - these frames still have plenty of life in them....

Time has come, though, I'm running out of space, so take these off my hands already...

A little info about me... I'm close to 6'0" and have a 30" inseam and a long torso... some people who ride 17" bikes are shocked when they try my 19"s... In my particular case, my legs are disproportionately short for my height, but I can still stand over most models... there are usually very minimal differences in standover between a 17" and 19" frame for the same model/manufacturer.

Just send me an email at blackcatbikes@yahoo.com if you have any specific sizing inquiries and I'll be happy to help.



Orange Patriot FR 2003 -- SOLD

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
- Handbuilt in England (all the decals are the originals)
- Size 19, 180mm travel with a TFTuned 5th Element shock
- 1.5 inch headtube (get a reducer headset or reducers, depending on your needs. Now you can run tapered single crown if you like - anything from 150-200mm will work)
- One set of reducers (top and bottom, 1.5 to 1&1/8 included :)
- Takes a 27.2 mm seat post.
- Saint cranks and Blackspire Stinger already sold, but will include a seat clamp
- If you're wondering how heavy it is, then this bike probably isn't for you. I bought this instead of a Santa Cruz Bullit, so just consider this along the same lines...

All yours for 24k.

2008 Orange P7

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

- Size 19, orange color is available as Frame only (you'll see a few black p7s, but rarely an orange colored one). I think I purchased this late 09, and have maybe ridden it 10 times tops (half those times, on trails)
- Double butted CrMo, framesaver applied and oddly, never ridden in the rain (I bought this in November, and rode it until summer the next year).
- Singlespeedable - dropouts have built in tensioners should you choose to go singlespeed
- Use with a 130-150mm fork (although I'm pretty sure it'll take a 160mm if you like)
- Constantly within the top 10 trail hardtails in MBUK
- Salsa seat clamp not included (but I will include the original stock seat clamp, the zefal orange bottle cage and the cane creek headset)
- Zefal clear mudguard not included (just buy one at the bike shop, please)
- covered in bathroom tape, so the decals are all fresh, fresh, fresh!
- 22k negotiable (within reason, guys)


Santa Cruz Chameleon
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

- Size Large (which I believe is an 18")
- Will take a fork from 100mm-160mm (I prefer RS 140mm U-Turns so I can adjust them up and down as I like)
- Sliding dropouts
- I think this is an 07, one of the last years before the new model with the Eccentric BB. Based on my research, this powdercoat color was never offered to the public. The color is Silver, and the color that was offered for the years that this model were sold were always Gray. I wrote the guys at Santa Cruz and they mentioned they sometimes do sample colors that don't end up being offered to the public. My dear friend bought this for me at Flying Ball HK, and given the volume of their orders with Santa Cruz, I don't doubt they would have non-market colors from time to time.
- 22k negotiable (within reason, guys)

NukeProof Generator Hubs

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

- Lots of info
- Sold in pairs (front and rear)
- Sale price - 11k (down from 12.5k)

I can do meetups in the Fort (usually 12-1PM Tuesday to Friday) and in Greenhills area on most afternoons (prefer Caltex, Edsa corner Connecticut please).

Thanks all!

No comments: